Monday, June 3, 2013

What I wanted to say at Moms Funeral...

First off I would just like to say that I will forever love and miss my mother, there’s so many things I wanted to share with her that in a physical state I can no longer do.

Things I know she will see from heaven but will never be the same as if she were here with me. One of the hardest times I think I will face is my wedding day, not only because she’s no longer here with us but because I knew that she absolutely loved my Fiancé Donald more than anything.. And I know she wanted to see me marry him on March 20th..Which many of you know is only 22 days away. She used to tell me how much she just wanted to hold on for my wedding day and that anything after was up to God.. And that alone breaks my heart, although I see now that God had better plans for her and in my heart I know she will be right there with me as I walk down the isle to say I do to the man she adored.

My mother and I also talked a lot about many other things she & I both would have liked for her to have been here for such as being there when I give birth to her grandchildren, seeing me get older, seeing my accomplishments in life, sharing in more family holidays, and other Mother-Daughter bonding times that we will now miss out on.

In addition to that mother had many other things she wanted to see, do, and say before she went to be with the Lord but her time was cut entirely to short for that. She wanted to have more time with “Foot” as she called him. He was her best friend for years and lover for 7 short but meaningful months. David was there to help her cope with the loss of her Husband, and he just meant a lot to my mother, she always said how she didn’t have enough time with him…and that also brought me to tears because I know how I would feel in a similar situation. David was amazing to my mother and has been a blessing to my family during this devastating time. So I would like to say thank you David, for everything. Also I would like to say that My mother also wanted more time with David’s grandbabies, she loved them a lot and wanted more than anything to see them grow and to hold the newest addition Michael lee, she saw pictures though and Katie she said he was amazing. Luke was another child my mother loved more than anything she babysat him from the time he was born until he was 1 ½ years old. And Flea she really enjoyed the last time she saw him and was happy to be able to see him before the good Lord took her to heaven.
I could go on forever about the things my mom wanted, but that is something I will tell at a later time, although one thing she did accomplish was getting saved. She was saved days before she went to be with the Lord and that alone gave my mother a lot of closure and assurance that she would be okay when her time to go came, that also made my family rest easy. Mommy knew the life she had led was far from perfect but she asked for forgiveness and in Gods eyes that’s all that mattered.

During the last few weeks of my mothers life I learned that she is by far the strongest, most courageous woman I knew. She knew what was happening to her but she took it and made the best of everyday she had left. She never let it get her down in spirits.. Although at times she had her weak moments and she would cry, but on a day to day basis she made the best of what time she had left here on earth before her journey to heaven.

Although she couldn’t leave the hospital to do things, she spent all the time she could with family, friends, and other people who meant something to her. You could hardly get her to rest because she just wanted to spend time with family and friends instead of sleeping, although at times she knew she had too and she did but not nearly enough. But she loved everyone deeply and Im sure she will miss everyone until we are all reunited in heaven one day and I know she will be there to greet us at the gates.

Amazingly, my mother was very alert during her stay at Memorial hospital, given a few hours the night before she passed away.. And she was also alert right before she went to sleep and went to be with the lord. Which I am thankful for, I’m glad she didn’t have to spend any of her time confused and unaware of her surroundings.. She fought hard during her battle but unfortunately it wasn’t enough, God was determined to have a new angel and he got just that, another beautiful angel.

My mother will be greatly missed and loved for many years to come, but we all know that she’s in a better place now, and there is no more suffering. Watching her struggle was one of the hardest things for me as a daughter and many of you as family members and friends to watch. And now we can all rest easy knowing that she’s in gods arms. Times like these are tough, but we all have to remember that God has his reasons, many of which we don’t understand but we can not hold grudges towards him we just have to believe that he needed her more than we did, which is probably hardest for me because I needed her too, but I cannot question his reasoning, no matter how much I dislike it. We all just have to remember she is with us, in our hearts, watching over us everyday. And that God will never put on us more than we can handle, which is hard at times, but what doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger right.

To end I would just like to say I love you Mom, I miss you, and I will be seeing you again one day, until then please be there to guide me along my journey in life and watch over me until we meet again. I’ll be seeing you…

No comments:

Post a Comment